Thursday, February 16, 2012

White Muscari

Hi! I wanted to pop in to share a couple of pictures with you. I fully intended to create a post on Valentine's Day, but I have just been so busy. I found this lovely little flower pot bursting full of White Muscari bulbs at my local grocery store and well....I just couldn't resist. Finding these little gems is such a great inspiration to me during these grey, colorless days of winter. I have been finding much amusement in watching the way these flowers open up; starting first with pops of green at the top of the flowers...then as they expand out, the pops of green slowly turn to white.

I have been playing around in Adobe Lightroom, learning all of the panels. The power of this tool is truely amazing! In this first image I was going for a surreal look....I really wanted the pops of green at the tops of the flowers to stand out. The second two images were only tweaked in Lightroom a tad to adjust the white balance.


White Muscari
Processed using a French Kiss texture and also a couple of French Kiss brushes to add the scripting

A flower pot of White Muscari
Processed this one using a lovely French Kiss texture

Muscari Forest
Processed using Kim Klassen's Cherish Texture along with a gradient mask


Sharing this post over at This or That Thursday and Texture Thursday




Well that is all for now. I will soon be adding my review of Adobe Lightroom under my new Photography Product Reviews tab so please check back soon! :-)

Keep warm out there :-)



10 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful flower pictures, on the Norwegian we call them Pearlflower.
Marit, Norway

Suburban Girl said...

Mmmmm, delicious! Very beautiful.

CameraCruise said...

Beautiful photos!
Love those flowers, they're so beautiful!
Thanks for sharing.
Have a great day.
Mette

tinajo said...

Looks lovely, I like the texture! :-)

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful post-processing.

Regards and best wishes

Kmcblackburn said...

I like your texture application, especially the text on the texture...goes very nicely with the photos.

Kathy

Sherri B. said...

How lovely, all three of them! But I especially love the processing in the last one. Beautifully done!

deb duty said...

I absolutely love every single image! You did such a beautiful job with your edits and the photos are lovely on their own with such pretty flowers and perfect compositions.

Tricia said...

Oh my goodness, these are pretty. I love the light touch of texture on the last one.

Deb said...

Hi Linda
Love the processing used with these pretty white muscari ♥