Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Week and a Half Without TV

It had been 11 days since our only TV broke down...11 days without "Dancing With the Stars"...11 days without "The Good Wife" ...11 days without the evening news. When it first happened, I thought it was going to be traumatic not being able to watch my favorite shows until the ordered parts arrived. As it turns out, however, I barely missed it. All of the sudden, I had time to sit over a leisurely dinner and have interesting conversations with my husband. There was time to have that garage sale we'd been talking about for a year. And, there was time to paint that spare bedroom...



...and play around with RadLab :)

The ordered parts arrived today and the TV is once again functional, but I think I am going to be leaving it off a whole lot more.

Have a great evening!

1 comment:

deborah said...

Linda, love you photo and your thoughts!

My stepson once asked me why we never watched TV, they did at his moms! My response? You can turn on the TV anytime you want, watch it, enjoy it . . . it just has never been a priority for me when there are so many other pleasures in life.